The rise of social media is irresistible. Some employers will actively use it to promote their business, while others are happy to let employees update their Facebook pages at work. Whatever your approach to social media in the workplace, employers must be aware of the potential risks and liabilities.
1-1 Recruitment and Coffin Mew Solicitors are pleased to bring you an informative morning on how HR professionals can implement the use of social media in a positive way and also protect the business and its employees from its dangers.
The event will take place on 12 September at Hilton Basingstoke, Old Common Road, Black Dam, Basingstoke RG21 3PR. Registration will be at 8:00am and the seminar will start at 8:30am. The presentations will finish at 10:00am.
Darren Tibble - Employment Partner at Coffin Mew Solicitors
Darren has practiced law for more than 15 years and currently heads up the Employment Team at Coffin Mew. Darren's presentation will focus on the following topics:
- Can I lawfully monitor my employees' emails and use of the internet at work?
- What can I do if I find out employees are criticising the company or making comments about clients on the internet?
- My business encourages employees to use LinkedIn for networking purposes. Do their contacts belong to the business? Can I require employees to delete their contacts/give details to the business when they leave?
- I am aware that lots of my employees are "friends" or connected on social media websites. Can an employer be held responsible for comments made by employees on the internet about each other?
- Can I use information from an employee's Facebook page or website in support of disciplinary action? What if my concerns relate to something unconnected to work?
Mike Wilkinson - Business Development Manager at 1-1 Recruitment
Mike is an experienced recruiter who has been using LinkedIn as a valuable recruitment tool for years. He will demonstrate how you can use LinkedIn as a free resource and best promote employment opportunities within your business to the outside world.
There will also be networking and any questions you may have for the speakers.
The event is free of charge and places are limited. To reserve your place at the event, please send your details to email@example.com or call 01256 336100. A confirmation and map will be sent nearer to the event.