01256 336 100
01962 865 152
Payroll and HR Systems Officer
£23,000 - £26,000
37 or 30 hours per week considered
Our client based on the outskirts of Winchester is seeking a Payroll & HR Systems Officer to join their team on a full or part time, permanent basis.
Main duties of the Payroll and HR Systems Officer include;
• The management of the monthly payrolls • The administration of 3 pension schemes: LGPS, TPS and NEST • The production of cyclical and ad-hoc payroll and HR Management Information/reports. • The administration of the on-line manager and employee HR self- service system
• Act as the first point of contact in responding to any queries which staff have about their pay or pension.
• Lead with the preparation and running of the monthly payrolls, including accurate recording of starters and leavers and the inputting of casual pay claims and absence information to ensure that statutory sick pay, statutory maternity and paternity pay is accurately administered.
The successful candidate will;
• Be highly organised and able to prioritise their workload to meet deadlines • Have a good working knowledge, or willingness to attain, of SSP, SMP and other payroll processes • Ideally have demonstrable practical experience of working in a payroll environment • Be able to work independently with a flexible approach • Have excellent communication skills • Be a confident user of IT packages (Microsoft office, databases) • Have outstanding customer service skills • Have a minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade C/4 or above including English and Maths • Be proactive and enthusiastic and looking for an opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge in a fast paced environment. • Have a willingness to participate in non- payroll related activities to support the overall work of the HR department.
• Free on-site parking • Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with Xmas closure days • On-site gym
If you’re interesting in applying for the role, please apply today by submitting your CV.